We are a state of the art water testing laboratory located at the centre of the district in the Ermelo area. The Laboratory was officially opened by the Minister of Water and Environmental Affairs (DWA) on the 23 rd of July 2010.The Gert Sibande Laboratory regards its clients as valuable stakeholders whose interests are a priority for the laboratory. We are committed to provide services to the level required by our clients within our capabilities and hence we hold the client's requirements valuable and we promote a two-way communication to ensure the best services can be provided. We have highly skilled professionals registered with SACNASP. The laboratory works in accordance with the documented procedures and compliant with the requirements of the ISO/IEC 17025 standard, SANAS requirements and Safety requirements. We participate in inter-laboratory studies with Proficiency Testing Scheme; South African Bureau of Standards (SABS) and National Laboratory Association (NLA).
To be the laboratory of choice for local municipalities and other stakeholders within the district and beyond.
MissionTo provide delivery of superior laboratory services.
To promote and support development and culture of scientific learning.
Water Quality Laboratory Quality Policy
The GSDM Water Quality Laboratory is committed to continual improvement of testing services to achieve and maintain customer satisfaction. It is the policy of GSDM Water Quality Laboratory to:
- Professionally and efficiently perform testing services to produce accurate and reliable results for our customers.
- Consistently provide quality testing services that conform to customer and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure that all personnel are competent and qualified for the tasks they perform, and that all personnel know the quality management system in order to implement policies and procedures in their work.
- Ensure excellence in the workplace is promoted by providing all employees with the knowledge, training, and tools necessary to allow for the completion of accurate and timely work.
- Consistently comply with ISO/IEC 17025 by ensuring that all activities are conducted in strict accordance with company documented procedures and compliance with the requirements of the ISO/IEC 17025 Standard, SANAS requirements and Safety requirements.
- Continually improve the quality management system in order to reduced cost and to constantly satisfy the expectations of our customers.
We offer our clients a wide range of testing analysis through the use of sophisticated instruments with the latest technology. The chemical and microbiological testing is performed in accordance with validated methods. The laboratory provides monitoring services to different industries, mining companies and municipalities for potable water, surface water, waste water.
P.O. Box 1748
Private Bag X9040
Cnr N17 Bethal &Nelspan Road
Office Hours: 07:30-13:00/13:30- 16:30
Office Hours (Friday): 07:30-14:00
Tel: 017 801 7000/7143/44/46/50
Fax: 017 811 3821